Das Regionalportal im Allgäu mit Ferienwohnungen, Hotel oder Pension in Füssen, in Schwangau, in Pfronten, in Lechbruck, in Roßhaupten, in Rieden, in Hopferau und in Nesselwang. Dazu Informationen, Veranstaltungen, Sehenswürdigkeiten, Freizeit - Tips, Branchenbuch, Wetter und Nachrichten der Region Königswinkel im Allgäu.

DeutschEnglish

6/18/2018 : 4:41 pm


municipalities
Sozialportal
Kulturportal
history
events
Naturwunder
pictures
panorama
wallpaper
webcams
movies

Aktuelle News

 

 

QR Code Allgäu Online

 

The development district of the Ostallgäu



Numerous finds of small handicraft witnesses from stone, e.g. with the places Hopfen am See, Pfronten, Schwangau, Seeg and Weissensee point on the fact that already in the paleolithic age (8000 v. Chr.) humans in the today's area of the land of Ostallgäu County lived. Similar finds are present from the Mittelsteinzeit (to 4000 v. Chr.); Tool finds from the Bronzezeit (2000 to 1000 v. Chr.) at the width mountain, at Weissensee, in Füssen and in Hohenschwangau point on the fact that humans were here. Signs for a firm settlement from this time were not found however. Scientists assume that parts of veneto illyric tribes constantly established themselves for the dismantling of the iron ore occurrence in the Säuling and Plansee-area as well as with Musau and Pflach. Also, where today stands for Füssen, at this time dealers are to have settled in the course of the salt trade over the Mieminger plateau and the remote passport into the pre alpine country. From the recent Ironage (starting from 500 v. Chr.) one found remainders of settlement and attachment plants of the Celts in several places in the district Ostallgäu. Thus the Celts on the Auerberg built already the fortress Damasia, probably also the castle Gabis at Rosshaupten and other barrier plants mentioned by the Greek geographer Strabo.

 

The actual historical time begins for the area of the district Ostallgäu with the day, since the Romans integrated the country south the Danube as province Rätien into the Roman realm (around 15 v. Chr.). In cemeteries of Nesselwang and Pfronten are remainders old Roman road Via Claudia, which connected Rome over Füssen with Augsburg, the capital of Rätia. Around the turn of the third century Germanic tribes from the north pushed to the south. Approximately around 450 p. Chr. the Romans had to yield the pressure of the Alemanni. Alemanni kingships of the Heribrecht, Dietheri and Erkanbald established themselves on from Romans vacated property goods along the via Claudia until Füssen, where the Romans had established the military camp Foetibus still in the year 260 on the castle mountain. Numerous place names in the district area go back on this alemannii colonization (e.g. Lamerdingen, Bidingen, Dietringen).

After the king of Franconias Chlodwig had defeated the Alemannen with Zülpich (Tolbiakum), the not-binding alemannische area was taken by the Ostgotenkönig Theoderich in protectorate, in order not to get Franconias as uncomfortable neighbours. Later 537 the Ostgotenkönig Witigis the eastgothical range of the alpine of before country and the alps surrendered few decades then nevertheless to the Franconia king Theudebert. The Alemannen remained however, despite these ependencies by the Franconia realm an independent master duchy.

After in the year 746 the alemannii army spell had been smashed, but came back only at the beginning 10. Century the condition consciousness of the Alemannen again. At this time the duchy with the name Swabia developed; but the emperors from the Saxonian and Frankish house could hold the Alemannen further under their reign. In particular the obligation of the national defense and the associated longer absence caused damage, so that numerous farmers surrendered their possession to aristocrat, often sensitive by the decrease of the own economy, bishops or monasteries. These became then practically property owners of the whole country with all rights and regalia. In the 11. Century stepped a striving of high aristocracy and realm church for the national sovereignty openly to day. The new “type of the surface state with stronger concentration of national sovereignty rights on most closed area” developed. Important instruments of the development of this system of government were the assignments of the administration. A step on the way to the territorial state was for church of Augsburg dominant up to the Füssener area the administrative organization of its area into larger units, the Vogteien, Probsteien or offices for care. It did not succeed to the Staufen, however to complete the development of their king state.

In the consequence of the Napoleoni wars the transition of the national sovereignty takes place at Bavaria in the years 1802/03 to 1806. The lot of small states had thereby its end. 1848, it was then taken over finally by the Bavarian state, which established the Bavarian offices for district to 01 July 1862. Thus finally developed the districts feet, Marktoberdorf and Kaufbeuren, which were then summarized in the district reform of 1972 in their substantial parts into the new district Ostallgäu.

In the course of history in the district Ostallgäu, some castles and locks developed. For this reason the district Ostallgäu is also often called the district of the locks and castles. This is not expressed last also in the fact that in the district town Marktoberdorf works the former hunting seat of the prince bishops of Augsburg, a building of the Marktoberdorfers Johann George Fischer, controlling beyond the city and the surrounding countryside. Points of gloss of the Ostallgäus are naturally the king´s castles of Schwangau.

The Bavarian Crown Prince Maximilian acquired 1832 the ruin of the 12th Century and developed castle Schwanstein near Schwangau and let it develop in again-gothical style after drafts of its theatre painter Domenico Quaglio until 1837 again. Hohenschwangau castle was built as summer seat and favourite stay of the comming years for king Max.

 

Neuschwanstein castle was built later according to an idea by king Ludwig II. by Bavaria in Roman style 1868 to 1886.

for IITH lock new swan stone when desired and after  after the model of the waiting castle in the again-. Already on 1st of August 1886, Neuschwanstein castle had thus been released for public inspection, only about seven weeks after the death of king Ludwig II. .